Friday 30 January 2015

So my second week in London was just amazing as the first, if not more so! This week, I once again, took some amazing dance classes, went to see Wicked, and went on a day trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon!!

First of all--Wicked was the MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! Everything about the show was so together, and every one of the actors had so much energy. The woman who played Elphaba had an incredible voice. At one point during the finally, she was in the air belting her lungs out. I didn't even know a voice so powerful could come out of someone.

This week I also went to Evensong at Westminster Abbey. This service was one of the most beautiful experiences I have yet to encounter. The choir was unbelievable and the service was was so moving. I was brought to tears by the beauty in everything.

I also attended a day trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon! I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I was in a place that contained so much history--that I walked on the same floor as Anne Hathaway and William Shakespeare! I even went into the Holy Trinity Church and saw where William Shakespeare and his family are buried! It is an experience that truly gave me the chills.

My mind keeps wandering about the life changing experiences I am encountering every day I am here. I cannot be more thankful for the opportunity to spend an entire semester in such a historical place.

Here are some pictures that only capture a few, of the many, wonderful sights I saw this week!
















No comments:

Post a Comment